Saturday, July 02, 2005

Kirk's got a brand new bag (that he's never used).

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well this evening. And are enjoying the extended weekend, of course :)

Last night I hung out with M from back in the day. She was home for the holiday weekend and I got to chill with her and her family for a bit. I had dessert with everyone and then M and I baked a cake.

I ended up getting back really late - A first in a long while.

It was so nice hanging out with her. It made me forget that it was Friday. I woke up this morning feeling like it was Sunday.

Today was spent cleaning out my room. I reorganized my closets, cleared out some clutter and now my room actually feels a little bigger.

While I was cleaning out my closet, I came across the graduation gift that our close family friends (from North Carolina) gave me. I forget if it was from my undergrad or grad degree from Michigan - But it's this really nice leather Kenneth Cole briefcase thing.

To this day, I've never used it - It's been in my closet for at least 5 years.

Honestly, I'm not sure exactly why I don't use it. I used to tell myself that it was "too nice." When I was working at the dot com, it was too "adult." I feel like a bag like this should be carried by a businessman or lawyer or something.

I guess I don't feel worthy yet.

Every time I see the bag, I admire how nice it is, open it up, check out the inside, and zip it back up.

That's it.

One day...

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home