Monday, May 29, 2006

Dollar power

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well this morning. And staying cool.

For some reason, I just woke up and had a blogging idea - so I thought I'd record it before I forgot about it, especially since my blogging ideas have been kind of sparse as of late.

Whenever i see a dollar store, I can't help but go inside. Which is what happened today. I know, it's probably just a side effect of my frugality. But I guess I just get a kick out of what I can buy for a dollar when the same thing is sold for many times more elsewhere.

Some of you may be thinking that the majority of dollar store stuff is crap. And I agree - some of it definitely is. I don't know how many ceramic "dust collector" figurines anyone needs at their place of residence. But see, there's fun stuff too.

Like multipack glow sticks.

But today, I found USB cables! Now by saying this, I know I've taken the nerdiness of my blog to a whole new level - but buying a usb cable for a dollar blows me away. I've been in the market because K needed a printer cable so I've been keeping an eye out for her. I was at the electronics store (the one where the logo looks like a big yellow price tag) and the cheapest cable I could find was $39.99. Yes, the cable was plutonium coated for maximum USB transfer, but come on, do I really need maximum transfer for a printer cable? I even checked online - the best I could find was $10.00 to my door because I couldn't make the $25.00 minimum for free shipping.

So it makes me wonder about cables and their markup. I wouldn't be surprised if the cables were made from the same factory located somehwere in China. One just came off the plain grey cable line, and then the other from the clear high-tech designer jacket line.

-Kirk

1 Comments:

At 12:30 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you've been neglecting the blog kirk...what's going on?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home