Tuesday, October 08, 2002

Hey,

So what's the deal nowadays with the radio stations that I've been listening to? It's all become a Jerry Springer-like trashy tv crapfest. Are stations hurting for ratings that badly? Sheesh. And for those of you that know me would know that I'm probably the last person to say this. Most of the time, I've got some sort of music playing in the background. Whether it's in the car, at home, at work, wherever. Like LL Cool J used to say, I can't live without my radio. But now, I'm starting to think that I can. I tip my hat to CDs and MP3s. I'm glad I've got a cd player in the car. But I'm a very picky listener of music, depending on my driving mood. There are over 50 CDs in my car, and there are times I can't find anything to listen to.

As I write this, I've already turned off two of the stations that I normally listen to. Now, I'm listening to some cheezy easy listening radio station for old(er) people, in commercial hell. Ugh. I can't win tonight. Also, the dj is the one with the really really really deep Barry White like voice. We'll call him Alan "Cashew". I'm sure there are many women swooning now to the sound of his voice. Gak.

Anyway, so as of now, my digital camera hasn't shipped. It's been 24 hours. I want my camera now! Grr.

I had full intentions of working a little bit tonight. Seriously. But I can't seem to get motivated, and it's almost time for me to go to bed. I'm even writing to you on my work laptop. I thought I'd just work until my battery died (a couple of hours), and then go to sleep. Well, one deficient laptop battery depleted later, I'm still sitting here on plug in power... (sigh) Why do they call it a laptop anyway? I wonder how many people actually use their computers on their laps. I do when I'm at the airport, but that's it. My computer gets super hot, to the point that I have to shift from one leg to the other. Not fun.

I was at the Cost Company warehouse club last night, and I saw a two disturbing things. They had Christmas stuff out already. I tell ya, it gets earlier every year. In a few years, we will probably see displays of merchandies in August. I can see it now. Dancing hip shaking Santa Claus shaking their money makers in unison at the front of the store. Whoo ha. I dunno, 2 months ahead is still kind of early for me, but I'm sure people will start doing their Christmas shopping soon too. Perhaps I should soon too.

Oh yeah the other disturbing thing (but kind of strangely cool at the same time) - They had the Coach Edition Steelcase Leap chairs on sale. I got to try out the floor sample. It's probably the only time that I'll ever sit in one. My arse felt honored and pampered, in the Coach leathered and chromed goodness. Kind of like J.Lo's, but without the Coach Leather and chrome. The cost to take this fine piece of furniture home? USD $1.5k. Hmmm... I'll pass on that one.

I must say though, my favorite place to park my rear end is in my Herman Miller Aeron chair at work. Still the #1 choice in my book. A true all time favorite. The mascot of the dot com era. (sigh) I'm sure Herman is sitting back in his Aeron, fully reclined, with the tension spring totally loose, lumbar support in the right spot, chair arms turned in, counting his fortune. Oh yeah, he's laughing his ass off too.

Aiight, gotta go to sleep now. I'll catcha later.

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home