Tuesday, November 19, 2002

Hey everyone,

There is just something about freshly vacuumed pluah carpet that is just so heavenly. It's like what I'd imagine walking on clouds would feel like. As you may have read in one of my blog entries before, my ionic breeze quadra dreams didn't come true. You know how I said that I'd return the funds back to Mr. Credit card? Well, as advertised, the funds were indeed returned. But before going to the furniture fund, the allocated money decided to take a permanent vacation at the newly created vacuum fund. Oh yes, I am now the proud owner of an extremely swank super delux vacuum. Thanks to Jarrett for the hookup of information from a reputable "consumer research" resource. This vacuum is listed under "kickass vacuum" in the dictionary. Stylishly outfitted in a fetching blue, this Mercedes Benz of all vacuums is the nicest canister vacuum that I've ever used. My mom has the earlier 1970s counterpart in an equally stylish split pea green, along with simulated woodgrain finish.

One day I will take the leap and buy furniture. One day, I promise. I guess I'll just take some rest stops in between.

The reason why I haven't written is because I've been on holiday for the past two weekdays. It's been pretty good. Which leads me to my next thing: I am totally in love with shopping on the weekday. Oh yes, shopping on the weekday during the day is probably as equally heavenly as freshly vacuumed carpet. There are less people that you have to fight in line with, and there are actually salespeople around to help you - Imagine that!

So in my vacuum mission, I went to a specialty store that sold hotel grade vacuums. I'm sure you've seen the advertisements - they usually show their vacuum picking up a bowling ball. I tell you, these stores are a trip. Today, my salespeople were Rick and Vic (no, I'm not making this up). One was a very seasoned salesperson, and one was in training. I was still stuck on Rick and Vic being their names, so I don't remember who was who. I totally got a kick out of of how they were demonstrating their vacuum. Rick or Vic takes this big wad of (I think) animal hair and just smears it all over their heavily padded green carpet. It looked like a cat had shed its entire coat of hair on the ground.. Next, he brings out a container full of puffed rice cereal and spreads it all over. Next, he steps all over the cereal and grinds it into the carpet. I'm sure you know what happens next. The vacuum challenge was a success. Surprise surprise. But Rick/Vic was very very excited about his line of vacuums, just like in the infomercials. He went on and on about how there were like 3 models of vacuums, and if I bought right now, I'd get the handheld one, a cordless iron, and a car vac for free. Needless to say, I didn't bite.

Let's see, what else happened...

I had my first shellfish seafood item today. I had a mussel at lunch today. I was good, just had one. It was damn tasty.

-Kirk




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home