Monday, April 07, 2003

Hey all,

Hope you're doing well and had a good weekend.

I'm fragile. I just finished a 3 day tryst with a new cell phone. It was love at first sight, but then it evolved into a love-hate relationship. I was about to be engaged to a new icy blue Sony Ericsson T306 phone through AT&T Wireless' mlife for a year. The phone was beautiful. It was very small, compact, great battery life, color screen, I could beam phone numbers and whatnot into it from my pda, and compose my own ringtones. But with the popular "can you hear me now" tests, I was very unhappy. In fact, my old legacy celly system (bow down to the trusty time-tested Motorola Startac) was pretty much on par with the new fangled 3G phone. After numerous dropped calls and times where I was assured a 2 bar signal but couldn't make a phone call at all, I decided I had to get out. Luckily, I had 2 weeks to decide before I was locked in. So today, after just 3 days, I had a tearful breakup, and returned the phone to the store... I bought my mom the same phone as well, and she was not happy with it either. Apparently, the ATT network is still pretty new, and it's still not there yet. I figure I'd give it 6 months to a year, and then things would be groovy. In the meantime, the search for a new celly continues on. I will miss that phone though, that's for sure. (snif)

So what was up with the huge amounts of snow today? I thought last snowfall was the last of the season. I guess not. And oh yes, the freezing rain was just peachy. Lovely.

I love the time change we just had. The day seemed to fly by today. I was impressed. I have to start dragging myself to work earlier now, so I can get out and maximize my daylight time :)

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home