Sunday, May 25, 2003

Hey all,

I had to look at my blog entry from before to make sure I wasn't too incoherent (more than usual, that is). Why, mignt you ask? I was pretty much falling asleep with the laptop while I was sitting up in bed, I was so tired. I think the overheating of my lap was what woke me up enough to sign off, turn the laptop off, and go back to bed.

So yeah, Friday was pretty low key - I don't really remember what I did that night. I got some exercising in, and that was it I think. I think I was being nerdy (as usual) and just poking around on the internet probably.

Speaking of getting in shape, my brother, has all of a sudden gone on a major health kick. He's not totally hardcore, but he's done pretty well. He just started probably like a week ago, but he's been being pretty good about it. In fact, he's eating better and has started drinking DIET soft drinks. For any of you that don't know him, he is probably the last person on earth (next to me) that would break down and drink diet pop. I guess a while on an eliptical machine will show you how long it takes you to burn off that freakin' can of cola. Kudos to him though. I'm very proud. I may end up drinking diet cola as well. (shudder)

I forgot to mention - I am now on cell phone trial #2. This time, I went with the "can you hear me now" folks at Verizon. The network is CDMA (not GSM like AT&T next Generation was) so it's like my present Sprint PCS phone. No camera phone, but I did end up going with a color phone. I'm not too crazy about the trial sized talk time and standby time with the standard, but the extendo-battery definitely helps. Tradeoff is that the extendo-battery is about 5 mm thicker than the standard battery so it takes away from the phone's svelte look. I'll probably roll with the standard on a daily basis, and use the extendo on trips and whatnot. The standard battery gives me less of a bulge in the pants pocket too. ;)

On Saturday, my mom and I did some light shopping around town. Had to do some administrative stuff (prescriptions), but of course, I got some goodies like normal. But not a big shopping day for me - I think I was pretty tired from staying up so late on the phone the night before. I think I woke up at noon on Saturday when my brother called. I was dragging major arse the entire day.

Today was more of the same thing - just bumming around, driving around to different places of commerce as well. Nothing much to report, actually.

Today I promoted good neighbour relations by setting up the subwoofer for my computer at my condo. I wasn't going to turn my music up, but I like a little more punch on my low end, if you know what I mean ;)

I love this 3 day weekend thing. It's like extended time to play your favorite video game. And, as a bonus, your work week is shortened. It'll just be 3 more days till jeans day. Sweet.

Woo hoo! On to the bonus day!

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home