Wednesday, July 23, 2003

Hi everyone,

Hope things are groovy.

Yesterday, Drew and I went to see Carrot Top at Meadowbrook. Totally cool. I haven't laughed that hard at a show for a while.

Mr. Top puts on a really great show. I was so impressed at how well things were orchestrated. None of the soundeffects were off cue, the props and inventions were all really clever and well done. He had trunks full of just random props that he "invented." I would definitely recommend the show to anyone. I don't think I like him enough to be a groupie and follow him around the country though ;) But yeah, it was definitely different than the stand-up comics that I see on Comedy Central on Friday nights. Ok ok, so my social life isn't all that. The cat's out of the bag now ;)

Just two things that were kind of wacky:

One:
Drew and I were the only two Asians representin' at the show. Seriously. The entire time we were there, we didn't see any other Asians. There were supposedly 6,000 people at this place. Who knows. Either way, unlike the umich admissions process, we were definitely a minority at the venue. But no big thang. We managed to hold our own... I guess we don't fit the "carrot top" demographic or something.

Two:
People brought their little kids! I didn't know what to think of that. I sure as hell wouldn't bring my young children to a comedy show. I'm sure shit is going to be a popular word in the vocabulary for the next few days. ;)

Getting out of the place was a cluster. First of all, finding the car in the sea of cars was a little nutty. Cars were all over the place. Parked cars, cars ready to go, etc. Once we did find the car, there was a standstill for a bit since everyone was trying to get the hell out of the parking lot. Overall, it was pretty cool though. There were people just hanging around in the parking lot - Drew and I just sat around and talked, took the t-tops off the Mr. 2 (he's got a 1993, which is from the same era as the supaflyride), and listened to a little DMB while exiting the lot and driving home.

There is something to be said for open air motoring at night - It's pretty sweet.

What else... Tomorrow I'm going to our offices downtown for a meeting with a vendor. That should be interesting.

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home