Saturday, May 22, 2004

They paved paradise and put up an American Eagle Outfitters?

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well this weekend.

I had a doctor's appointment in Ann Arbor on Friday, so I decided to take the day off. We also had family coming down from Toronto as well, so the timing was perfect.

I've been feeling a tad disconnected from Ann Arbor as of late - I think I'm losing familiarity with it. It's like I can't remember where everything is, and I feel like I don't know the city as well anymore.

Sad but true.

I had some time to spare after the appointment, so I decided to head down to the local mall - You'd think that I'd cruise around the campus or something to see what's been going on, but no - I was in a mall mood.

So I get there, park in the same place that I usually would, go in my normal entrance, and turn the corner, expecting to see...

The Gap.

I was in temporary shock when I didn't see it.

It was gone.

I clenched my fists in the air and screamed, "NOOOOOOOO!"

Not exactly, but seriously, I was confused. Doesn't compute. College town, no Gap? What is wrong here?

The Baby Gap was there. But no adult Gap.

I figured it had moved around somehwere, so I thought I'd stroll along the mall and see if I could find it.

In a moment of sheer panic (as I was ending my stroll) I went into the Baby Gap to see what the dilly was - Apparenlty, there had been some "disagreement" with the management company, and the Gap closed.

Just like that.

So there's no longer a Gap in Ann Arbor.

The closest one is in Novi or something.

Sad day.

The Gap was like the familiar face that you saw when you turned that corner. The corner that used to be a shoe shop. Down the hall from the photo development place (I think) that turned into a sushi shop.

Nuttiness.

-Kirk



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home