Tuesday, June 01, 2004

5 nails, 250 bucks later.

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well this evening. Just doing a little bit more procrastinating before the good old studying for the exam.

I don't know what the hell I drove over, but over the weekend I took the soccer mom mobile out to run some errands - and the day after, the two passenger tires were flat. Like sitting on the rims flat.

I tried filling them up with air, and instant hissing - quite sad, actually. In an hour or so, it was back to being flat again. Bummer.

So, I took the soccer mom mobile to the tire place early this morning - The front tire had 3 nails in it. The back tire had 2. The thing that really sucked was that the nails were too close to the edge of the tread, so neither could be repaired.

Oh no you din't!

So now the soccer mom mobile's back in action - riding on 7/10 dubs. The tires of choice? Yokohama Avid Touring I'll let you know if they're any good - I did an "extended" test drive and they seem to be good - quieter then the OEM tires but the new ones seem bouncier.

So yes, instead of studying I went for a drive after dinner - Today was one of those perfect spring evenings - Not too hot, not too cold. Light breeze - perfect. Can't complain.

I drove around for an hour or so. Loved it.

Back to the books, I suppose.

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home