Sunday, August 22, 2004

Creature of Habit

Hi all,

Hope you've had a good weekend.

It's been a fun but stressful one for me...

I can't remember what I did on Friday - I know I watched some TV, but I thought I did some work too.

Oh well. Whatever.

Saturday was the Woodward Dream Cruise parking lot. Drew came up from Ann Arbor and we met up with Steve and E to go walk around. There was a Scion display put on by one of the local delaers - Got to check out the tC - in the flesh, uhh, I mean sheetmetal. I really like it. If I had to get a new car right this minute, I would strongly consider getting one - You can get it with lots of toys, right from the dealer.

Bling bling.

Dream Cruise was allright. Lots of american muscle. Still rather light on the imports. Once in a while you see some though. Kind of like the Ann Arbor Art fair, I think I'm not as enamored with it anymore. We'll see if we go again next year.

When I got home, again, I tried to do some homework.

See, that's why I don't like school. It feels like you should always be doing something "school like." Not watching TV, talking on the phone, whatever.

It's school time, all the time.

I had the naggy school feeling all day yesterday. So I was a little stressed in the morning, and then I was stressed last night.

This morning I woke up with a cold - And school beckoned for me to be its bitch.

And I was. Until this evening.

I worked all day on my portion of the final project for my online class. I don't know what it is, but I've been having a hard time trying to get my schoolwork done. It's been a mix of no motivation, and just having a hard time doing the stuff. I dunno.

I still have some stuff to do, which is rather unfortunate. But I will keep on keepin' on.

This evening my mom and I had pizza for dinner. I usually go down to the local chain pizza joint about 2 miles away from the house. Which is the one we always go to, right? Well this time, I was coming from the city home, so I took kind of the backway route to the pizza place. I walked into the restaurant, and at first, I didn't notice much. Then the cues started to tell me that I wasn't in Kansas anymore.

-The menu signs were different.
-The tables had vinyl tablecloths on them (which they normally don't)
-There were weird signs advertising catering (by some guy)
-They had a sign that let people know that they sold hotdogs

Don't get me wrong. I noticed that stuff was different, but I didn't notice that everything was completely different.

So then the server dude hands me a pizza box - It was white, with no branding. It said, "Fresh Oven Pizza" or something in red lettering on the box. Huh. Odd, they usually have the boxes with the familar logo.

It wasn't until I was outside, with the pizza box in the car ready to drive away, did I turn around and notice that all the old signage was gone. Completely gone. there was a slightly more sketchy sign that had a "open during construction" sign.

So where did I just get this pizza from?

Is it just some random dude making pizzas and selling them on the side? It was just some guy in a blue shirt and shorts.

Needless to say, I was a little nervous. Nervous enough to peer inside the box before I drove away - I wasn't going to take a janky pizza home. But it looked ok.

It turns out, the pizza was pretty good. Who knew? I'll have to drive by sometime to see what the place turns into.

-Kirk

1 Comments:

At 3:07 PM EDT, Blogger Gene said...

Ahh, the good ol' tC. The baby Lexus in disguise. They dropped it in there to try and youth up the scion line before all the seniors find out about the cheap price and good quality. It probably won't stay for too long. Only 17K? Hell. Maybe I'd better get one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home