Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Hilton HHonors is evil. They put the Ho in hotel.

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well tonite...

Just a quick message about the tag line. (again, it's late)

Keep an eye on your preferred customer / frequent stay programs with the hotels. I didn't know this, but with the HHonors program, you have to stay at their hotels at least once a year in order to keep your account open with them.

Guess what if you're inactive?

Poof! All your hard earned stay points are gone. Just like that.

No rewards for me. They repoed 27,000 points from me. Wanks.

I found out the hard way when I tried to log in to their website. I had forgotten my PIN, so I tried their handy "forgot your PIN or password" tool. That's when I found out that my account was inactivated. So I figure it's no big deal, right? I just call the Hilton HHonors Shite Customer Service Center number. Guess what it asks for?

My PIN.

So let me get this straight - I've forgotten my PIN, so I get this toll free number to call. To talk to a customer service representative, I have to give my account number and PIN for "faster service?"

Come on.

(and no, there was no way to zero out or anything to talk to a live person). After trying a bunch of other different toll free numbers, I finally got ahold of someone live who then transferred me to a customer service person that could help me.

I find out that my account was inactivated (they supposedly sent me warning notices) and that I was out of luck. I was offered a 2500 point bonus if I activated my account and stayed in a Hilton property within the next 60 days. How nice.

Riight. I'll be making my reservations soon. Like maybe never.

-Kirk


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home