Sunday, November 28, 2004

5 day weekend blues.

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well this evening. On the last day of Thanksgiving vacation.

Anyway, these past 5 days have gone by quickly. I've enjoyed every minute of it. We actually got some sunshine too, which was a total bonus.

So let's see, where did I leave you last...

I ended up finishing my schoolwork Saturday morning. I stayed up fairly late on Friday night, but just ended up throwing everything aside cause I was afraid that when I read my paper again the next morning, it would be total crap.

It turned out ok, but I was glad I finished it up on Saturday. I added some more shite to it and it was good to go.

I've had to think about school about an hour a day after that, but besides that, I've stayed true to not worrying about school for the weekend.

Saturday was a bummy day. Just hung around the house. I did go out to lunch with my mum, but that was about it. I ended up watching the 3rd Harry Potter movie. I had to watch parts of it over again to make sure I got it. I'm still confused a little here and there, but I think I get it.

I think my constant watching of cheesy toilet humor movies has dulled my movie comprehension skills.

So I'll probably end up watching the movie again. Just don't know when the next time I'll have 3 hours to spare is :)

Sometimes I wonder how the author comes up with some of this stuff. Hmmm...

So today my mom and I did some Christmas shopping. I know you probably think we're crazy. But you know what? It wasn't that bad. My sample size of stores is pretty small, but I'm sure you can guess the two stores that we visited.

Costco and Target.

Costco's parking lot was full (like normal on a weekend day), but the checkout lines were really short. Same thing with Target - but they had every single line open which was nice.

Today at Target I had a cart collision in the toy aisle. I'm minding my busines, travelling on one of the major thoroughfares in the store. And this lady comes out of one of the aisles, looking for something, and turns right into me.

Bam!

We made quite the ruckus. And she looked at me like my ass was at fault. Hell naw.

(Returning to happy holiday place.)

Besides that, pretty painless. I think I'm almost done with my shopping for this year. I even bought holiday cards :) It'll be a personal record if I'm almost done with my shopping.

So yesterday for the first time in what has seemed like months, I picked up the acoustic guitar, tuned it, and played my 3 chords.

I'm such a badass.

I was actually surprised I still remember them ;) I do want to take some cheesy lessons someday though. Nothing super private, but just to see if I actually can get into it or not. I have the dreaded string buzz because I don't have the right skillz yet.

Now I just have to get back to using my treadmill again...

-Kirk



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home