Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Crashing conference calls.

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well.

Yesterday was the last physical class for one out of my two classes. The end is definitely near. All that's left there is the final and the final paper. There is still a bunch to do in the next class.

So yesterday, one of my biggest conference call fears came true.

For the re`ord, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

So I had a conference call at 2:30 yesterday. I left a meeting early to dial in. I pull up the contact information, and dial away. Listen for the prompt, type in pin and hit #. No big deal, right?

I was a little bit late, and I didn't want to disturb the meeting too much, so I do the voice print quietly (ok, I really mumbled it) and am put into the call - Nobody really acknoledged my entrance so I just lurked on the line.

It wasn't my call.

Huh. I am totally certain that I hit the right numbers too. I kept listening because I thought I was catching a call that was ending before mine started.

The call wasn't ending.

So I decided to hang up, and dial in again. I was super sure in dialing the numbers this time - I made sure I ddin't fat finger anything. I made sure I didn't hit the wrong numbers.

Same call.

This time, I didn't do the voice print and someone asked who I was. They told me that I had the wrong call.

So I'm a little stunned - I looked through my email to make sure I had the right call in number - I saw it twice in two separate e-mails. So I called the meeting organizer.

Apparently, our conference call got accidentally scheduled over a board meeting.

Whoops.

So the attendees of our conference call kept on dialing into the board meeting (whicn I'm sure annoyed the hell out of everyone). So it was pretty funny.

Anyway, now I can say I participated in a board meeting :)

Ahh, the wonders of big business.

-Kirk



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home