Friday, December 03, 2004

Troubled.

Hi everyone,

Hope you're doing well this evening. One week of class left - It's going to be rough. Class has definitely taken a toll on me.

I need this break from school more than ever. And there's 6 months left of hell left. Grrr.

So I know I'm grouchy, but I think I've sunk to an all new level of being "not myself." I'm usually pretty tolerant of people, but today I was just totally annoyed.

And I showed it.

Normally I don't. (at least I don't think I do). But after a while, enough gets to be enough. I didn't lose it - but I did do something a little out of character.

And now I feel kine of bad for it. Don't get me wrong - it wasn't terrible, just somthing that I rarely do.

Anyway, what else...

On a different note - Today I've come to the conclusion that to be cool, you not only have to be a good schmoozer, but you have to know how to read people as well. I've always admired those that can freely schmooze. General schmoozing is a skill that I've never mastered - I don't know if I just suck at it, or if I'm just not the schmoozer type. Small talk and chatting people up is not my forte.

but the key is to know when to say when. Otherwise, the good schmoozer just becomes annoying. Not that I've experienced this first-hand recently, but my lunch buddies were talking about it today.

So lesson learned.

I just have to find out how to become a good schmoozer first. There's a whole art on good conversation. I try to listen and observe people that I think are good at it (taking mental notes). There's a fine line between just being a schmoozer, and a good schmoozer. I have to work on my skillz.

I'm going to have to find something to do that's fun and relaxing during my break from school. I was looking through the continuing adult education brochure that came in the mail today. Maybe I'll try yoga.

I've always wanted to know what they use that huge ball for.

Curious, very curious.

-Kirk


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home