Sunday, January 30, 2005

Hibernation

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well. I was so exhausted yesterday cause it was so late. I ended up sleeping in till noon today. I'm truly a lazy arse.

El invited me to go out with her homies this evening. But I declined because I was tired from the week. Plus it's cold outside. And again, I'm lazy.

I know, I know, I'm a lamer.

But we made plans to go out in the spring / summer though. So I'm down with that. She was telling me about how she and her homies go sit on a porch somewhere downtown and just people watch.

I talked to El on the phone today for a good 2 hours. It was fun to catch up with her and reminisce about old times.

(But sometimes I feel like I'm still in "old times")

Anyway, so where did I leave you last?

I think I was recapping the week, right? Blah. Fugghetabout it. It wasn't that exciting anyway.

Is it just me, or do those Ellen DeGeneres ads for American Express crack you up too? My favorite is the elevator segment where she and the other lady in the elevator are singing Respect.

So let's see...

Friday night I didn't feel like being lazy at home so I took my mom shopping at Costco and Marshall's.

I've been on this looking for work clothes kick. I am feeling like I need some new stuff to wear to work. Did I find anything? Of course not. It always ends up that way. I'll go shopping for a certain something, and come back with something totally different. What did I get this time? A bright yellow winter / spring or fall / winter jacket.

I really don't need another jacket. I have a closet full of outerwear already.

I bought a wool jacket with my Gap gift certificate a few weeks ago, and bought another wool jacket from Old Navy like two weeks ago.

So the moral of the story is that I need to stop buying outerwear.

Oh well. Next time I will have to go shopping for something else. Maybe then I'll find work clothes. (shrug)

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home