Sunday, March 27, 2005

Chinese buffet for 4.

Hi all,

Just a quick note. Today I went out with my mum for dinner. The original plan was to get some sushi at the Japanese food store, but they were closed.Since it was Easter Sunday, so everything was pretty much closed.

Except of course, Chinese restaurants :)

I'm sure there were other places open, but I wasn't surprised at all that I could get Chinese food on Easter Sunday.

My mom had seen an advertisement for a restaurant around where I work, so we decided to check it out.

We pull up to the restaurant, and there's seriously like 4 cars in the parking are closest to the buildling. When we got inside, there was one couple eating in a booth. That's pretty much it.

During our meal there were people coming to get take out and whatnot, but nobody really came in to eat. As we were leaving, there was one dude.

The whole thing was kind of eerie and cool at the same time. Eerie because it was like a ghost town. It was like we were there after hours. And of course, that was the cool thing as wel. I liked being able to get up to the buffet, scoot around without ever having to wait in line for anything.

One takeaway though - If I had my own Chinese restaurant, I would definitely not play that stereotypical twangy music in the background.

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home