Friday, August 26, 2005

Hey

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well.

Tomorrow I'm going to get up at 4:00 a.m. (or so) to get to the airport.

A 7:30 a.m. flight didn't seem so bad when I booked it.

I still don't have a good idea of what I want to do in D.C. Like usual, I don't really have a plan. But that's ok. I seem to like to travel that way.

A bummer on the annual Cali trip. GT Live (JGTC) isn't going to happen this year. Supposedly it's goingn to e kickass in 2006 though.

A tad bittersweet.

We had some funny conversations during lunch today. One of the ladies that we went out to lunch with asked, "Why is it when guys ask you out via e-mail, their subject is always 'Hey'?"

Hmmmmm. I woudln't know :)

Seriously though - I've never asked someone out over e-mail per se. But I am guilty of using "Hey" as my e-mail subject.

so we were talking about which is better to do at work - The face to face ask out, or the e-mail. I don't think there was a clear winner either way.

It all came up because some dude asked one of her friends out. And she was going to ding him. So it was kind of interesting to see what happens on the receiving end of those e-mails. Very educational.

I can identify with the nervous composition of e-mail, but that's pretty much it. The whole anticipation of the response. But I've never heard the other side where the recipient was looking for a nice way to say that she wasn't interested.

I never did get to see the e-mail response though.

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home