Sunday, January 29, 2006

Random stuff.

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well this weekend.

Let's see, what's been going on this past week...

Chinese class has been going ok. I didn't practice my pronunciations all week except for Wednesday night (night before class). So I've already begun to be a bad student.

And it's only the 2nd class.

I'm sure 8 week session will be over before I know it. The 3 hour classes don't ever seem to drag, so it turns out to be pretty enjoyable.

Friday I saw Last Holiday. Hmmm... It was just ok, but not too clever - There were some some good takeaways (i.e., lessons learned) and some funny parts, but the movie dragged at times. Unfortunately, it felt longer than the published 112 minute running time, which is never a good thing.

An interesting thing that I found out on Thursday - Last Hoiday is actualy a remake of a movie (of the same name) from the 1950s. I'd be curious to see that one, I think. From the IMDB link, it looks like the original movie was able to tell the complete story in 88 minutes...

Finally, just to spice things up, we watched Scream. Now this was a pretty good suspenseful horror movie, twisted storyline, with an unexpected (and odd) ending. But a few things. Instead of being scared, I started laughing during some of the "scary" scenes. And, what was the deal with the characters at the end? Why didn't they just die already?

If only I made movies...

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home