Sunday, February 05, 2006

A new meaning for post / A glimmer

Hi all,

Hope you're having a great weekend.

It feels like it's been quite the week. Although now that I think back, I don't really remember what's been going on.

I've decided that I'm going to be a crappy student no matter what I'm learning. Whether it's school school, guitar class, or Mandarin Chinese class. I'm still cramming to practice or study the night before.

Some things truly never change.

I'm still on my kick of unplugging in the evenings. But my computer/internet time is now consumed by random channel surfing on TV.

And talking on the phone.

So I don't know if that's any better. Whether it's sitting in front of a TV or computer, I still feel like I need to do something else.

Friday I partially slept through Corpse Bride and Must Love Dogs. It was sad - I was just too tired so I was in and out. But at least I saw the part of MLD that I missed while it was being shown on my trans-Pacific flight.

Last night I went to dinner at a Colonel's house. (no, not KFC). I accompanied K to a dinner party (I was her accessory) that was on a military base. It was kind of exciting. I got to see what life was like on a military base. Sadly we were there in the middle of a snowstorm so we didn't spend much time outside, nor did we get a chance to cruise around and check stuff out.

The whole military thing has always been quite a mystery to me. I haven't known anyone that's been in the armed forces, so I've never been able to talk to anyone about it. Although I guess I haven't been interested enough to look and find out for myself either.

(shrug)

We had a great time. It's been a long time since I've been to a true dinner party at someone's house (that wasn't a family friend or a friend of my parents). I thought it was really nice. It's one of those things that has been replaced by going out to dinner at a restaurant. I totally understand how it's more convenient (from a food / house preparation and cleanup perspective) but it's a type of gathering that shouldn't be lost - I think it would be fun to do it once in a while.

I don't know how many dinner parties I'll host in my lifetime, but I will definitely have to try it at least once.

Afterwards we spent quite some time talking. I kinda wanted to bring up my awkward question from last week, but I just couldn't.

For me, it was like there was a big pink elephant in the room.

Actually it was more like I was sitting on the elephant and it was throwing peanuts at me.

But again, the "right time" just didn't happen - I didn't want to have a tremendous buzz kill to a a very enjoyable evening. And I figured she'd give me her response in her own time, right?

When I was getting ready to leave, I had to go clear off the ice and snow that had built up on my car. As I was doing it, she came outside (with no jacket on).

And brought up my question.

We went back inside to talk - She didn't want me to think that she was blowing me off, but she wasn't ready to give me an answer yet either.

I was a little relieved to know that she was still processing her response and was going to get closure either way. I just let her know that I was totally ok with it and told her to take all the time that she needed. After all, I want her to be sure, right?

Until then, life goes on...

-Kirk

1 Comments:

At 2:05 AM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what is kirk up to these days?? busy man eh? that you can't even give us all an update ;)

hope all is well =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home