Sunday, October 20, 2002

Hi all,

Hope this blog finds you well. It's Sunday night. I don't feel like going to work tomorrow. Too bad those two lottery tickets that I bought on Friday didn't match ANY of the chosen numbers. But hey, I guess that's lucky, right? It all depends on how you look at it. Not matching any numbers is totally skill, baby. And I'm damn good at it.

So do you ever have one of those days where you've felt like you've done a ton and have gone to quite a few places, but when you think back, you can't remember exactly where youve been and and what you did there? Ugh. Where did I go today? I feel like I bought a lot of stuff today for the house. The big thing was buying paint. I bought like 5 gallons for the garage, my full baths, and trim. I'm going to be busy :) I bought some other stuff too, just don't remember what it is at this point. But I'm sure good old credit card statement will remind me in a little bit, don't you worry.

I think my mind is slowly turning to mush. Either that or it's getting brittle and pieces are going to break off some day, slowly turning into dust. Part of the circle of life.

So my buddy Steve breaks his cell phone, right? He gets his replacement, and needs to get the numbers transferred from one to the other, or else he will lose quite a bit of his contact list. Sprint was able to do the transfer for him because his phone is still being sold. So it got me thinking - If my phone breaks, I'll be Screwed with a capital S (ouch!). Sprint no longer supports my phone at all. No more accessories at the store, not even online. I'm sure my phone would get treated as a second class citizen at the service counter. It's like my Motorola phone is one of the interchangeable group members of Destiny's Child. You know that there used to be four, but now there's only three. Do you remember the name of the fourth child, or the other ones other than Beyonce? I didn't think so. There were also other substitute child(ren) here and there as well, before it was Beyonce and her present two homies. But do the interchangeable members get any props for helping get the group to where they are? Nope. A message to the other two children: Be careful. You never know...

So wait a minute - what was I getting to - Oh yeah, about phone numbers and my mind going to mush. I remember there was a time when I thought speed/memory dial was stupid (boy, times have changed), and I'd remember each and every phone number that I'd have to dial. Either that, or I knew exactly where the little piece of scratch paper with the number on it was. How's that for high tech. Now I've become so reliant on speed/memory dial, that I think the phone number remembering portion of my brain has not been used since the late nineties when I got my cell phone. So you can bet yourass that I'm going to back up the numbers on my phone. Sometime. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe next week...

Ahh well, going to sign off for now. Catcha later.

-Kirk





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home