Sunday, October 27, 2002

Hi Everyone,

Recently, I've had two experiences with buying paint. No matter how hard you try, once you take the paint home, it just doesn't look the same as the color chip did in the store. It goes through a magical transition once it leaves the store world. Kind of like how impulse buys seem like really good ideas in the store, but when you get home, you don't know what the hell you were thinking. The first time was purchasing stain for my parent's wood deck. The actual color turned out to be much redder and brighter than the picture (even though I was assured that the stain would dry darker). Most recently, the color change happened during the paint buying binge I had last weekend.

I bought one of the colours in the Olympic "whites" collection (or something like that). It's essentially a white base, with a tinge of blue. Very cool in the color chip. It reminded me of the sky on a sunny afternoon. So I painted my two bathrooms today with the help of my mom. Pop the top of the paint can open - The paint looked super white. Not a tinge of blue to be seen anywhere. I figured it would dry with more of a blue, as that's what the paint spotch on the top of the can did.

There were actually three phases of this paint. It went from super white, to blue, to a light blue/violet. Kind of funky. I forgot the exact paint color name - If I remember it next time, I'll be sure to record it here. I gotta hand it to the people that think up the color names. Totally cheesy. But anyway, my mom thinks that the paint has turned into violet. I'll have to wait and see how it looks in the daytime. With the incandescents, the walls look white at first, but then the color comes in. The coolest thing though, was how the different phases of the paint were changing, it reminded me of clouds. A very cool effect. Maybe a possible future decorating idea... Anyway, I'll let you know how I like the new color.

Painting was fun for the first 30 to 45 minutes. That's when we found out that we didn't have the paint roller extensions. So anything in the bathroom that could support my weight, I stood on. The toilet, the counter, the bathtub - anything to get the job done. Luckily I don't have cathedral ceilings in the bathroom :) There's a few stray paint splotches here and there, but everything went smoothly. However, I think I did something to my left index finger. It feels like I slammed it in a door or something. But the crazy thing is that I don't remember doing anything to hurt my finger. Oh well, hopefully it won't fall off.

Catcha later,
Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home