Saturday, November 30, 2002

Hello,

Good evening. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving Holiday. Tomorrow's going to be the last day of the holiday stretch, so I've got to make tomorrow count...

This year, I'm thankful for a lot of stuff. Of course, the normal things, like my family, friends, good health, etc. But one thing that I'm especially thankful for this year is fleece. More specifically are my fleece lined sporty spice pants. Mmmhmm. For those of you that have no hizzell what I'm talking about I'll explain. Back in the 90s, you may remember the girl power bubblegum pop sensation called the Spice Girls. These five young ladies from across the pond took the pop world by storm. Anyway, back to the pants. There was a certain member of the band named Sporty Spice. Her trademark was looking "sporty" at all times. Wherever she went, during concerts, appearances, etc., she always had the dark blue/black track pants on, with the stripes on the side. I believe her brand of choice were Adidas. Hence, sporty spice pants. Love the look, love the "sportiness."

Anyway, my sporty spice pants are super comfortable, and super warm. I would strongly recommend anyone to buy them. Not to mention, they announce your arrival with the swish swishing whenever you walk. My mom? She hates them. She thinks I look like someone that's up to no good when I wear them, so she has forbidden me to wear the aforementioned pants in public. From what I remember, JD to the izzO didn't like them either. I think it reminds him of the crowd he used to roll with back in the day. But just for the record, I wore them to do some shopping today. Super comfortable and warm, let me tell you.

Oh yeah, I had to break out the super thick down jacket today as well. A pre-welcome to December.

Let's see what is there to tell...

Thanksgiving was pretty good. My mom and I went over to a family friend's house and had a pretty traditional Thanksgiving meal. I'm talking turkey, gravy, stuffing, mashed potato, etc. The works. I mean, there was even cranberry sauce! I wasn't exactly sure what to do with it, so I just ate it straight. It was damn tasty. It was like eating jam!

Speaking of jam, I've been having this craving of a good peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Don't ast me why. Maybe it's those commercials with the crustless enriched bread. have you seen that? It's some wacky stuff. It's a loaf of bread, but there's no crust on it. Perfect! Plus, I believe the company claims that it's as healthy as whole wheat. Imagine that. I'll have to get me some of that.

Anyway, back to the Thanksgiving gig. I was surprised, because I thought the Thanksgiving shindig would be all Chinese food style. But it was very Americanized. I was impressed. So what's the dilly with stuffing? Why is it cooked where it's cooked? Please tell me that there's a good reason why you put the stuffing inside of the bird (ugh). A good reason like the stuffing adds flavor to the turkey meat, or vice versa. Please don't tell me that inside is just a "convenient" place to cook the stuffing :) I also think it's funny when you stuff the turkey and then you take the stuffing out to eat. (shrug) Whatever.

A moment of silence for the turkey we had on Thursday. We hardly knew you...

Another moment of silence for the other turkeys...

Pour a glass of wine out...

Here's hoping for a kickass and successful holiday season for the businesses trying to sell stuff. We definitely need it. I'm trying to stay on the periphery of the shopping frenzy. I did not get up early to line up outside of the the local electronics store at 3 in the morning like some people. I've bought stuff though, rest assured. But I'm only one man...

Cleaning efforts is only partially successful. Oh well, I guess there's always Christmas vacation, right? ;)

Catcha later,
Kirk




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home