Wednesday, February 19, 2003

Hi all,

So today, I finally left the premises and went out. It was nice. I picked a good day to do so too - It was actually nice out. Around the 40's according to the thermometer outside. Nifty. It was just me and my shiny car.

So today, I realized how "plugged in" to the internet I actually am. So I'm online, composing an e-mail, and then the connection just pukes. The cable modem is just going nuts with the flashy lights, and nothing was working. Power cycled things, unplugged and plugged stuff back in... Nothing. Finally I gave up and called the fine people at Comcast. After setting up an appointment for tomorrow morning, I got off the phone. And then I had this empty feeling. Like the feeling that you get when you say goodbye to a friend that you won't see for a while. What am I going to do? As I finished up closing all of the apps on my screen that needed the internet, I was left with a blank desktop. And for the first time, I got to see the desktop background (not upon startup). Weird I tell you.

My mind started racing - What should I do? Should I watch movies? Should I call people? Wackiness. Is this what it's become for me? I always have to be doing "something?" Do I have the adult equivalent of ADD and its cousin ADHD? Troubled, I tell you. Troubled.

So that's when I decided to go out and see what the world had to offer me (or what I could offer to the world). Well, it turns out that before I left, the connection came back on, and I was happy again. Whew! that was a close one.

So, I've decided that I need to start doing something else. Something that is not internet related. Maybe I'll even go so far as to do something that doesn't require electricity - Imagine that.

So I went over to my townhome (which is where I am now, typing this to you, using the Internet, heh) and I sat down on one of the 3 things to sit on, and just sat. And enjoyed the silence. No music, just the sounds of the house, and the outside (they're building more of the suburban housing projects). Pretty nifty, I tell you. I enjoyed the sun, the light, and was content.

What to do now? I think I'm going to go walk around. I'll catcha around.

-Kirk


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home