Sunday, April 13, 2003

Hey all,

Hope you had a nice weekend. I'm closing this one up as we speak. Need to go to bed soon. My original plan of going to sleep (as usual) has been foiled. Alas.

Today, I spent a good part of the day in the 3 step car wash, polish, and wax process. Many hours were used today to restore the supaflyride back to it's original supaflyness. Looks pretty good, but I'm not that convinced that the 3 step polish and wax process is actually effective. I'll see tomorrow when I drive to work.

My mom is now in the homeland. She called me this morning to let me know that everything was groovy. I'm very glad she made it there ok.

Day one of living alone. It's not exactly my favorite but that's ok.

This evening, I was talking to a neighbour on IM (instant messenger). We got to talking about relationships and whatnot (I forget why). I was complaining that it's difficult to meet other single people in the working world. She was saying that other people my age in her office felt and complained about the same thing. I guess it gives me hope. It was starting to seem as if everyone else was in some sort of a relationship except me. There just needs to be a good way for single people to meet outside of work. Not in a smoky loud bar, just in a pretty casual setting. Where there's no pressure, and you can meet people that are in similar situations (single, hopelessly single, happily single, etc.) and just chill. It would be great. You could find a homie to hang with, or maybe something more if the stars are aligned correctly.

I guess the main thing is to not lose hope, right? Just when I start to, there's always something that kind of draws me back. Kinda wacky, I think.

Until then, I will let the sounds of Norah Jones lull me to sleep.

I'll catcha around.

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home