Thursday, August 05, 2004

Big wheel keep on turnin'

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well this evening. Just a few notes before going to bed.

It's been quite the week.

I've gone through quite the roller coaster of emotions. I've felt everything from sadness to anger (at the Man). I think Mark caught me at the end of the "angry at the Man" phase...

No matter what happens, the machinery of the man continues to churn.

But that will be a discussion for another time. I'll wait until the dust settles a little bit more.

Tomorrow is Robin's funeral. Theoretically we're supposed to get closure or something (according to management). There's just so many things that we'll never know. In some ways, maybe it's better that way. But so many questions all around. Just leaves everyone just scratching heads wondering what happened.

Visitation was on Tuesday and Wednesday. I had class tonite, so I went out to the funeral home on Tuesday. I didn't feel comfortable going alone (and I think some of my coworkers felt the same way) so I met up with a few of them at the funeral home.

The funeral home was pretty nice. I rarely go to that side of town, so I was worried I wouldn't be able to find it. Odd thing was that I was looking on the side of the road for it and just knew that I had found the right place. I didn't have to look for the sign outside.

It's been a long time since I've been to a funeral home, so I wasn't really sure what to expect. The room was nice (although now that I think of it I can't really tell you want was in it, just certain things that I noticed and will remember).

Robin looked very peaceful.

There were many things on display - pictures, her degrees, certificates, and stuff from her childhood.

It's still so hard to believe.

-Kirk




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home