Friday, December 10, 2004

A tad crusty.

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well.

Just some quick thoughts before going to bed.

Took my last final yesterday (Wednesday). We had until class on Friday to do it, but tonight (Thursday) was the holiday party so I wanted to get it over with. You know, so I could be merry during the party without worrying about getting home to study.

Not that it would have helped a whole hell of a lot.

The test was so difficult I could have cried. It was open book, and honestly I couldn't find 1/4 of the answers anywhere in the powerpoint slides, text book, or extra readings that we were responsible for. It was truly painful.

Just as expected, I didn't do well. But that's ok. My final grade will still be ok.

Tonight I am a little bummed. And bitter maybe, a little.

I think the holidays for the most part are harder on single people. It may be a "grass is greener-ism" - but I know holidays in general are a more stressful time.

It kind of bugged me that one of the women at the neighboring table proudly introduced her beau, cleary indicating his status and his name right off the bat. I wondered if it was really necessary to throw in the status. I guess it's probably a good idea, just so everything's all out there, I guess. And I guess other people introduce additional guests as like, "my _______ Chuck..."

I am mostly bummed that I missed a really good chance to talk to a certain young lady that I've had a crush on forever. I know it's really juvenille, but I just didn't know what to say. I wanted to not talk about work, but I just struggled to think of stuff to talk about at that point in time. She came and sat next to me for a good 10 minutes and I didn't really say much to her. Plus the band was playing and I wanted to hear them (again, kind of dumb).

So seriously, how do people meet and mingle when there's a live band playing, or loud music? Like at a club. Isn't it hard to hear the people that you're trying to talk to? It's tiring yelling to someone during a whole conversation and straining to hear at the same time.

Which is why I prefer the coffee house scene.

But there is something to be said about the party / dance environment which is really cool and fun. I haven't really danced (in public) probaly since my class reunion last year.

It's obviously been too long.

It turns out that she likes to dance as well, so that's a good thing.

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home