Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Two hands and a flashlight.

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well.

It's only Tuesday but it's been a week of doctor's and dentist office visits (Monday and Tuesday).

It was my yearly checkup and my semi-annualy dental visit.

My coworker (she was joking, of course) asked me if I was dying. No, I'm not dying.

Well maybe a little, inside.

Anyway, so I don't know what it is, but I've been terrible with directions as of late. My doctor's office moved recently - and of course, on the day of my appointment I had no idea where the new office was. I mean, I kinda knew but I had to look it up. Because the move was recent, all of the directory listings had the old address information (phone number too). So I ended up having Brian hunt around for the "we've moved" card on my desk at the office.

Got the address and mapquested it. I could have sworn the red star (indicating the location) showed that it would be on the right side of the street (east, to be exact). The star was skewed to one side. The east side.

Well I know you know where this is going...

So I get to the place (I'm running a few miinutes behind already), park the car, and run inside (of course it's raining and cold). I saw that building looked like it could house a doctor's office, and even saw that the suite number matched. Although the sign said something completely different. I forget what it said (honestly) but I just figured since the doctor's office had moved, there was still old signage, right?

Wrong.

I get inside and I notice that it looks nothing like a doctor's office. I think it was a weight loss clinic (judging from the name). But I'm not sure. I didn't stick around long enough to verify my findings. The people there politely referred me across the street (aha!).

So I was about 10 minutes late to my appointment.

I blamed it on the weather.

So that was that. Everything's groovy. Blood tests come back sometime next week. I got hounded to do a sleep test again.

Onwards to today - I go to this dentist office two times a year. For those of you that don't remember, this is the "dream sequence" doctor's office. It's all off-white inside, and really well lit. There's really nice relaxing murals on the ceiling, employees wearing white clothes and sneakers, etc. It's really nice.

Anyway, so I think I've been to the office 2 or 3 times. And I wasn't sure which road it was on. I narrowed it down to one of two streets. Can you guess which one I chose?

Grr.

Today's weather this morning was total crap. The sun hadn't risen, it was raining like a mofo, and it was foggy. It was driving through milky water.

It sucked.

So I actually drove by the right street and kept on going - I coudln't see the office from the intersection. I get up to the other street, see that the office wasn't there, and did some cursing.

So again I was late. I hate being late. I don't want to be "that guy." Don't be "that guy."

So guess what I blamed my tardiness on?

The weather.

So now I will never forget - that's for sure.

So the dentist visit was really pleasant. My hygenist said that my teeth were super clean - she didn't use the horrible baking soda blaster nor the sonic pain inducing device. (the names of the instruments I mention are technical terms of course).

I am fairly certain she's the same one, but every time, my hygenist looks different to me. I don't know if it's the change of hair or what (she's always wearing white so it's not the clothes). She's cute. And today she was chatty - which was cool cause I liked talking to her, but it was difficult to. Especially when she had sharp metal objects and her fingers in my mouth.

So what is the proper etiquette for that anyway? For all of my responses I wanted to say more, but they ended up sounding like I had some serious speech impediments. And I felt bad talking too much because I'm sure she had a schedule to keep.

Who knows.

Oh yeah, I got reminded that I have to get my wisdom teeth taken out again today as well.

Those x-ray film things that you're supposed to hold in your mouth make me gag.

-Kirk


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home