Friday, January 14, 2005

Indulgence. Just for a second.

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well this evening.

The weather has gone from oddly warm to crappy - all in one day. Gotta love Michigan weather.

So let's see, what's been going on...

Wednesday I played hookey for the last hour of the day - I went to get my oil changed on the supaflyride. And of course, I had to stroll through the dealership.

Got a chance to check out the Toyota Solara Convertible. A little big for my taste, but it was nice.

But then of course, there was the Scion dealership inside :)

The sales dudes in the Scion part were really cool - A total 180 degrees different from the old skool stereotypcial high pressure sales dudes. I had to escape one on the way to the Scion part of the dealership. He was clinging on to me so hard I was afraid that he'd start humping my leg for a sale.

Whatever dude.

So I was chatting with the Scion sales dude for a while - After all, I had about 30 to 45 minutes to kill. So we were talking about the models and how they were selling. Apparently his dealership had the best sales figures in all of Michigan and the surrounding areas.

Anyway, we were talking about my fav Scion, the tC. And guess what? They had a demo car, and a few were due to come in later on in the week...

Oh no.

He was telling me about the mods you could get on the car. Well to make a long story short, he told me about the aftermarket exhaust. And how I should hear it.

Next thing ya know, I'm behind the wheel of the demo car, firing the car up.

Exhaust sounds good.

And then he says that I can take the car for spin if I want to. And it took every ounce of restraint to say no - Cause I knew if I drove it...

I'd be hooked.

And I was good. For the first few minutes. And then I started to cave in. Well, maybe just up and down the street :) After all, I was in the car already, and it was already warmed up...

How disrespectful would it be to start up a car just to rev the engine a few times and then shut it off?

I think it would destroy the car's spirit.

So I drove the car for maybe 5 minutes - tops. Just up and down the street. And I had a huge grin on my face after I pulled the car back into the parking spot.

So much for restraint.

-Kirk

2 Comments:

At 2:37 AM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry kirk but i think i stopped reading about halfway through cause you started going into too much detail about cars. :P

i did think that you wrote i played HOCKEY for a split second. :P

 
At 11:20 AM EST, Blogger Gene said...

Word on the scion. I've been telling everyone I can get my ears on to look at that baby lexus. As I last recall, it is unfortunately JUST out of my price range. Oh, and the whole parking/insurance/gas thing too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home