Friday, February 17, 2006

Resurfacing

Hi all,

Long time no talk. Hope you're all doing well. This has probably been the longest stretch I remember that I've gone not puting in a blog entry.

Today starts my 4 day weekend. We get Monday off, and I thought I'd take Friday off too because I needed a break from work.

Badly.

Work has been busy, but not terrible. I shouldn't really complain but I will anyway.

So let's see, what's been going on...

Chinese class has been going pretty well. I'm enjoying the conversational parts more than the phonetic pronunciations though. My mom has been using Mandarin words in our conversations to help increase my vocabulary too so that's been good too.

But I am still very far away from being fluent. If you want me to order an egg roll or water for you at a Chinese restaurant, I'm your man. Otherwise, you'll have to look elsewhere.

Last weekend my mom's good friend from Middle School came and visited us from London. For an entire week, she and my mom talked nonstop. From morning until night. On the weekend, I played chauffeur / tour guide and took them around to some of the local attractions.

Last Friday I got to see a whole new side of K - her competitive side. I thought it was great. It's funny how people can change when there's competition involved. The smack talk started early in the morning and went all the way until game time. We played this goofy dice game and I was able to demonstrate my poor skills of adding single and double digit numbers together.

(don't tell anyone - My Asian card may get revoked)

We played two games and then we called it quits. I had beginner's luck so I won both times.

She now owes me a victory dinner.

Later on we watched Wedding Crashers. It was pretty funny, but it seemed long at times. We watched the "uncorked edition" so I don't know what the difference was. Maybe there was extra footage or something. Or extra F bombs thrown in for good measure.

We spent a lot of time on the phone last weekend in the night going to morning (6 a.m.!). And now there's no question that she knows how I feel about her.

None at all.

And yes, I did find out the answer to my question too. Just not officially yet. And I'm quite happy with the answer.

There's a couple of things that she wanted to resolve before leting me know her official answer. And one of them is now done.

Just waiting for the other one now...

But even though I don't have the official answer, I'm very happy with how things are proceeding. :) If we were to ask the Magic 8 ball the question I'd say we get the response:

Outlook good.

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home