Monday, October 14, 2002

Hi Everyone...

I know, i'ts been a few days since I've written... Well, the ecommcerce and shipping powers that be smiled upon me and blessed me with Saturday shipping. Here's the shipping info, just for the records...

Oct 12, 2002 12:34:00 PM Troy MI Delivered
Oct 12, 2002 01:22:00 AM TOLEDO OH Departed FedEx sort facility
Oct 11, 2002 04:36:00 AM TOLEDO OH Scanned at FedEx sort facility
Oct 10, 2002 11:15:00 PM TOLEDO OH Arrived at FedEx sort facility
Oct 9, 2002 07:48:00 AM RIALTO CA Departed FedEx sort facility
Oct 8, 2002 08:11:00 PM RIALTO CA Scanned at FedEx sort facility

In a matter of one day, it had magically gone from Rialto, CA to Toledo, OH. I'm hoping my camera was on a plane somewhere, and not some truck driver was trucking all night long to make it to Ohio (sheesh!). From Ohio, that's where the "ground" shipping comes in, I guess. But man, those fine people at FedEx are working 24/7 to get your stuff to ya. I wonder if "Brown" does that?

Speaking of "brown," those UPS commercials are all over the place. Brown does this. Brown does that. What can Brown do for you? I'm just hoping it goes down the toilet properly. Especially when I'm at other people's houses. There have been many a time... Nevermind.

Anyway, so for the past few days, I've been playing with my digicam, sealing my garage floor, and trying to jump start the economy by buying stuff for my new place. Stuff adds up let me tell you.

Garage floor sealing went well. Nothing to write home about. On Monday, I'll do the water test to see if water actually beads. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I did the sealing right. Otherwise, I don't know what the hell I did to my garage floor.

Today it was pretty cold. What's up with that? It's still too damn early. I was shopping today with my mom. Everyone (seriously) had the sniffles. It was a big snifflefest at the checkout line. It was pretty funny. Sniffles in stereo.

There's an "upscale" furniture store around Troy that's going out of business. They're having a "going out of business sale." Hmmm... I would have hated to see their "we're in business sale." But anyway, my Mom and I went and walked through this store for (what I think felt like) an hour or so. There was some great stuff there. But everything seemed to be a tad on the pricey side for my taste. I think I probably set off the silent "get your ass back to Ikea where you belong, son" alarm when I went in. Because "Stewart," the sales guy that was desperately trying to work it never approached me to help. Neither did his trendy cohorts wearing black and dark grey. Don't get me wrong, people were buying huge pieces of furniture like it was no big thang. However, I did get to touch a USD$ 13,000.00 rug. I think that was the highlight of that trip. I'm also troubled that people can spend over 13k on a rug.

OK, it's late. I'll write more tomorrow...

-Kirk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home