Tuesday, October 15, 2002

Whazzzuuuuup?

How YOU doin?

Ok, first off, mint Oreos continue to be a strong performer in the dessert list. Mighty tasty. I wonder if they just sell that green minty stuff.

Next, I'd like to admit that I have a problem. My name is Kirk Tizzai and I have very very very bad e-mail management. E-mail quotas are evil. I like to purposely live life on the edge and teeter on the "your mailbox is over its size limit" threshold. I like the thrill of wondering if the e-mail system will make good of its promise that I "may" no longer receive e-mail if I don't clean out my e-mail box. I know hotmail enforces this policy. Umich does too. But, so far, my company has made only empty threats of cutting me off. Which brings me to why I'm writing about this topic today. I was forced to bring my e-mail folder size below 100mb. We're doing some sort of e-mail migration, and well, now the powers that be say that they will be enforcing the quota for sure this time... Plus, if the mailbox size is not down below 100mb, there will be "issues" with the migration and there will be "big problems" or something like that. My e-mail folders were about 180 mb (that was at the end of the day today, where I was dumping off large files like a madman). This evening, I cleaned, and now it's down to 88mb. So I made the cut. But I'm only 12 mb away from the printed limit. Are they really going to cut me off this time for real? Like a child wanting to know what the electric outlet is really all about, I have my fork in one hand...

I got my extra compact flash and reader today. Kudos to TigerDirect for hooking me up with the next day air when I only paid for 2 day. Woo hoo! I'm going to go camera crazy now. Digital cameras rock my world. I think I've taken more pictures recently than I have for many many years (~70 pics). My only complaint so far is that sometimes the camera stalls a bit to take a shot, so spontaneous pictures may be lost. Grr. I've been trying the camera all over the place, just to get a feel for image quality and whatnot.

I just wanted to say, for the record, that I have continued to be in control, and have not been seduced by any seafood. I was especially tested when I went out yesterday (Monday) to the Chinese Buffet for lunch with my mom. Although the tuna sushi rolls and mussels continually sang and called to me like Cristal does to a gangsta rapper, I held my ground and was strong. After tomorrow, it will have been one week since I've tasted the food of the sea. I wonder how long this will last before the Fish and Wildlife Service calls me to help reduce the snow crab population, or I just break down and have to visit the buffet because of withdrawal symptoms, whichever comes first.

It's getting cold. It's getting darker soon. Winter is coming! So much for fall, huh.

Take it easy,
Kirk


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home