Thursday, August 19, 2004

Valet guy.

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well this evening.

Today was a very light day at work - A little bit after 11 o'clolck, we headed out to the buildling across the street for the car wash (that benefitted charity). I got caught up with some work stuff so I got there pretty late.

Apparently, I didn't miss much, as all of the volunteers were just milling around.

They had already washed their own cars.

As you probably know, I'm very picky about how my car is washed. Very picky.

But I thought it would be a good cause, so I ponied up the $10 for a handwash. Funny thing was that I only had 9/10 of the cost of admission, sop one of my coworkers hooked me up with a buck.

Everyone finished with my car (of course everyone had to comment on my seat covers) and were still just milling around. I think because of the weather or something, nobody wanted to come and get their car washed. (shrug).

So I started working the network and called a few of my buddies at my building. I just offered to get their cars washed for 10 bucks. And they didn't have to do a thing.

So I drove my car back to the other building, and Brian had lined up my first customer (it was a buddy of his). I grab the keys and drive across the street to the other building. I'd pull up and people would ask where I got the car from.

Well, the keys were in the ignition...

I even managed to get Brian's Boss's Boss's car. So I got to drive my first Cadillac today (it was a CTS). I would say it had pretty good pickup ;)

I also got to drive a Jeep Liberty and a Grand Am - Also fun. So I got to live out my secret fantasy as a parking valet. I think I could get used to it.

I also got to drive a pontoon / party barge today. Kind of interesting to drive by a lever, not by pedal. We had our department summer outing today so we were at a coworker's lakefront poperty. So jealous.

There was boating and some people went wakeboarding - I elected not to wakeboard because I didn't bring a bathing suit, and I didn't feel like showing off how unathletic I am.

I could just sit on the dock all day long and not be bored. There's something about sitting by the water and just wathing the ripples in the water.

it's like you're moving...

I really dig the lakefront property lifestyle. It's defintely something I could get used to.

Someday.

-Kirk



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home